Consumer Loan Application
In order to apply for a consumer loan on-line you must meet the following requirements:
- Borrowers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Borrowers must have valid Social Security Numbers.
- Borrowers must reside in our market area. Our market area is in Albany, Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga and Tompkins Counties in New York and Bradford County in Pennsylvania.
- This requirement does not apply if you do not currently reside in our market area, but have plans to relocate to our market area. If this is the case, submit your application, then use the contact us form to let us know about your plans (be sure to reference your confirmation number).
What to Expect
We estimate that it will take 15-20 minutes to complete this application.
You cannot save a partially completed application. So, it is important that you allow enough time to complete the application entirely. If you can’t spend that much time right now, we suggest that you end the application process and try again when you have more time.
Once you submit a complete application, we will contact you if we need any further information to make our credit decision.
Information You Will Need
Before you begin your application, decide what type of consumer loan you are interested in, then collect the following information and have it ready when you complete the application.
- Full name and address of the applicants.
- Valid Social Security Numbers for the applicants.
- Current employer information, including years of service and the employer address and phone number, for the applicants. If an applicant has been with their current employer for less than three years, he/she will need this information for their prior employer also.
- Monthly income data for the applicants.
- Approximate current bank account balances for the applicants.
- Balance and payment information on other outstanding loans (including credit and store cards) for the applicants.
Please note, you are applying for a loan with Capital Bank, a division of Chemung Canal Trust Company.