Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Click on the topics below to view answers to our most frequently asked questions! If you can't find what you're looking for, please give us a call directly at 800-836-3711. 

1. General Banking

What is your routing number? 021301115

How can I update my contact information? You can update your contact information by calling us at 1-800-836-3711 or complete the Contact Info Form directly from our site. 

Where are your branches located? We have offices in New York and Pennsylvania. Visit our Locations page for a complete listing offices and hours of operation. 

2. Digital Banking

How long will it take for a deposit to become available for use? Electronic direct deposit, wire transfers and cash are available the same business day. Typically, the funds from checks not drawn on our institution are made available the first business day after the day of deposit. For more information, please see our Availability of Funds Disclosure. 

How do I enroll in Web Banking? Enrolling in Web Banking is easy! Complete the requested information on our Enrollment Page then create login credentials to have access to your accounts 24/7!

How do I enroll in Mobile Banking? You can enroll directly from your device by downloading our app from your App Store. Find our app by searching "Chemung Canal Trust Company." Once downloaded, complete the enrollment steps by clicking on "Enroll Now" within the app. Want to become an expert? Check out our click-thru demos

How do I deposit a check directly from my Mobile App? Check out our click-thru demo for simple instructions!

Want to go paperless? Sign up for eStatements! To sign up you must be enrolled in Web Banking.

Log in to Web Banking and click on 'Profile' in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Note: The eStatement notification will be mailed to the email address found in your Profile. 

Click on the edit tab next to electronic statements.

Select the button next to eStatement and then click on the electronic statements terms and conditions link. 

Find the confirmation code at the bottom of the document and enter the code into the 'Confirmation Code' box.

Having trouble? Give us a call at 800-836-3711 and we will be happy to enroll you over the phone. 

Where can I find my eStatements? We send them each month via email, but they will also be archived for easy access within Web Banking. To find them:

1. Log in to Web Banking
2. Click on the account that you would like to retrieve the eStatement for
3. Click the Documents tab
4. Search the date range (able to review the last 18 months of statement activity)
5. Click 'Submit'

Need Lockout Assistance? Please call us at 800-836-3711 if you are locked out of your online account. 

3. Personal Loans

How can I apply for a Personal Loan? You can apply for a loan online or by visiting your local branch. 

What are your current loan rates? You can view our current rates here

How can I pay my existing loan? You can pay your loan online using our Pay My Loan option; by mail; in any of our offices; or by calling us at 1-800-836-3711 (we do charge a $5 convenience fee for phone payments).

4. Debit Card

How do I activate my new Debit Card? Call 800-331-0468 to activate your new card.

How do I change my PIN? Call 800-331-0468 to change your Debit Card PIN.

How do I file a dispute for an unauthorized charge? If you believe you have been a victim of fraud related to your accounts with us, notify us immediately at 800-836-3711 so we can take action to help you. 

Report a lost or stolen Debit Card: Call us immediately at 800-836-3711 to report a lost or stolen card.

5. Wire Transfers

Wire Services Department Contact Information:
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(607) 737-3839

ABA: 021301115
Chemung Canal Trust Company

Swift Code: CCTRUS31

What fees are associated with wire transfers? 

Domestic: $25
Foreign: $40
Incoming: $15

What is the IBAN Number? The U.S. does not currently participate in IBAN.

What are the cut-off times for wire transfers? 

Incoming Wires: 4:20 p.m. on normal business days. (anything received after that time will be credited the following business day)

Outgoing Wires: 2:30 p.m. on normal business days. (Anything received after that time will be processed on the following business day)

What information is required when sending a wire? 

1. Beneficiary's full name, address and account number
2. Routing Number (if domestic)
3. Swift Code of receiving financial institution (if foreign)
4. Purpose of the transfer
5. Additional information may be required for foreign wire transfers.
If receiving foreign funds into a Chemung Canal/Capital Bank account, please contact the Wire Services group at 607-737-3839 for instructions.

How can I pay my loan using a wire transfer? If you'd like to wire funds to pay your loan, please use your loan number as the account number and it will be processed once it's received.

6. Overdraft Protection

What is Courtesy Pay? Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual service, which allows the bank's discretionary payment of overdrafts for accounts maintained in good standing.

Are there fees for Courtesy Pay? There is no charge to have Courtesy Pay available with your account; however a $35 fee is charged for each item that causes an overdraft. There is a limit of five overdraft fees per day that we can charge you for overdrawing your account.

If I don't opt-in to Courtesy Pay for everyday Debit Card and ATM transactions, will you continue to approve other transactions? Opting-in pertains to everyday Debit Card and ATM transactions. If you do not Opt-in, we may continue to extend overdraft protection to cover your checks, ACH transfers and recurring payments. 

What other overdraft protection services do you offer? We offer two alternatives to Courtesy Pay--Overdraft Lines of Credit (requiring credit approval) or you may choose to link your checking account to a savings or money market account held at our financial institution. Transfer fees apply for both services. Ask for details!

Back to Top