We recognize that, even under the best of circumstances, mistakes or events happen which could result in an account being overdrawn. Our Overdraft program, also referred to as Courtesy Pay, is a non-contractual service which allows the bank’s discretionary payment of overdrafts for those accounts maintained in good standing.
There is no charge to have Courtesy Pay available with your account; however a $35 fee is charged each time you utilize the service.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when a check, debit card, ATM or other electronic transaction is presented to the bank and the balance in your account is insufficient to settle the transaction, or funds previously deposited have not been made available. Depending on your arrangements with the bank, we can resolve your overdrafts in the following manners:
- We offer a non-contractual Courtesy Pay service
- Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual service which allows the bank’s discretionary payment of overdrafts for accounts maintained in good standing. There is no charge to have Courtesy Pay available on your account; however a $35 fee is charged each time you utilize the service
- We offer additional overdraft protection plans, as follows:
- Link to Savings Account
- Link to Insured Money Market Account
- Link to Overdraft Line of Credit
To learn more, stop by any of our convenient branch locations, or call us at (800) 836-3711.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We may authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you authorize us to do so (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
The bank reserves the right to pay overdrafts at our sole discretion. We do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any or all overdraft transactions. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined or returned.
- What if I want the bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions? You can authorize the bank to consider all transactions including everyday debit card and ATM transactions for overdraft payment by authorizing us to do so and completing the opt-in form below. If you have Courtesy Pay and do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, we may authorize and pay the transaction. We will charge a non-sufficient funds fee of $35 for each item that overdraws the account.
- How much will I be charged if the bank pays my overdraft or if I utilize the Courtesy Pay program? Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $35 for each item that overdraws the account.
- Personal accounts will not receive per-item fees in excess of 5 items per day.
- If the account remains overdrawn for 5 consecutive business days, a sustained overdraft fee of $35 will be assessed to the account.
It is the policy of the bank to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and to conduct business in a safe and sound manner. Please refer to the Understanding Your Account booklet for further details.
If you have questions about Courtesy Pay, our overdraft policies or any other bank product, please feel free to call us at (800) 836-3711, or stop by any of our branch locations.
Regulation E Opt-In Enrollment
On June 30, 2010, banking legislation changed and now requires that we must have your authorization to extend this service to your everyday debit card and ATM transactions. If you haven’t done so already, please complete and submit the authorization form below.