Skip to Content

COVID-19 Loan Payment Assistance

Loan Payment and Hardship Assistance

We know how impactful the coronavirus (COVID-19) has been on our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, and we are here to help you through these difficult times.  

If you have a loan with us and are experiencing financial difficulties due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are offering payment assistance for one, two, or three months to help ease your financial burden.  If you need to discuss longer-term hardship assistance options (over three months), please contact us directly at [email protected] or by phone at (800) 836-3711. 

The following loan types are eligible:

  • Home Equity Loans
  • Home Equity Lines of Credit
  • Mortgages

How to Request Loan Payment Assistance 

If your loan is paid via Auto Pay, please start this process at least seven (7) business days prior to your regular due date.

1. Click here to open and print the request form.  Please complete the form and mail to the address below. You may also scan and email the form to [email protected].

Chemung Canal Trust Company
ATTN: Resource Recovery Department
P.O. Box 1522
Elmira, NY 14902

2. Visit the drive-up window at any of our available offices to request a form.

3. Call us directly at (800) 836-3711 to have a form mailed to you.

4. Complete the online form below.  Please note - this process will take longer to complete than the three options above.  The online form will still require a physical signature.  After we receive the form, we will mail it to you for your signature and request that you mail the signed form back to us at the address above.

If you have any questions or concerns, or if you need a form mailed to you, please email us at [email protected] or call us directly at (800) 836-3711.

You are also hereby notified that homeownership counseling is available to you. A list of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved nonprofit homeownership counseling organizations serving your residential area may be obtained by going to the following websites:

• The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at (800) 569-4287 or

• The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) at (855) 411-2372 or


Digital Application Form